Thursday 10 April 2014

Home Bakes: Banana Bread




Banana bread is such a nostalgic sweet treat for me. Both my Auntie and my 
Mum used to make it for me when I was a little girl, and now that I am older
 I enjoy baking it myself for other people. 

When it comes to baking I like to make the whole affair extra kitsch with lots 
of cute Cath Kidston bake wear. It just makes it all taste better, you know?
I've always been an avid baker, so I'm really excited to be able to share some of 
my favorite recipes on my blog.

This Banana Bread recipe is the same one my mum uses and it gives the same 
tasty results every time. Be sure to use over ripe bananas to get the best banana 
bread you have ever tasted.

Ingredients:

4 ripe mashed bananas
2 free range eggs
10oz of plain flour
4oz of butter - plus a little extra to grease the tin
8oz caster sugar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp of salt
2 tsp vanilla extract

A 8 in x 5 in loaf tin is required.

Method:

- Preheat the oven to 180c / gas mark 4

- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until the
consistency is light in colour and a soft fluffy texture.

- In a seperate bowl sift the flour, bicarb and salt. Leave this mixture to stand.

- Going back to the sugar and butter mixture, add the eggs, mashed
bananas and vanilla extract. Mix well.

- Slowly fold in the flour mixture and ensure it is all mixed.

- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf tin and bake in the oven for 60 mins.
The loaf should be well risen and golden brown on the outside, but still soft on the inside.

- Allow to cool in the tin for 5-10 mins before removing and leaving on a wire rack.
Once completely cooled you can enjoy your first slice of this delicious loaf.

If you want to you can add either chocolate chips or chopped walnuts to the mixture
before baking to add even more flavour.

Will you be giving this Banana Bread recipe a try?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. Oooh I love banana bread & trying out new recipes. I'll give you a shout when I give this ago :) x

    inthecity-93.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I would love to see what you think of it :) x

      Delete